KELAS 1 SMP
1. Ron is in London at the moment. He _______ at Hilton Hotel.
b. is staying
d. has stayed
2. Kathy usually sits in the front row during the class, but today she _______ in the last row.
c. is sitting
d. is to sit
3. I wrote to my old friend Ann last week. Up to know, she hasn’t answered my letter. Now, I ______ the reply.
a. wait for
b. will wait for
c. am waiting for
d. want to wait for
4. Diane can’t come to the phone because she _______ her hair.
a. is to wash
c. was washing
d. is washing
5. Please be quite. I _______ to concentrate.
b. am trying
c. was trying
d. will try
6. Barbara often tutors other students in her math class. This morning, she ________ Steve with his math assignment.
a. is helping
b. wants to help
c. must help
7. Tomorrow, she _______ to UK.
a. will go
d. has gone
8. The hunter’s fatal accident ________ in the newspaper yesterday.
a. was reported
b. will be reported
c. has been reported
d. can be reported
9. Last week, I _______ a job at a local bank, but I didn’t accept it.
a. was offering
b. was offered
c. was to offer
d. was offers
10. About ten percent of the earth’s land area, or nearly 5,8 million square miles, ________ by glacial ice.
a. were covered
b. has covered
c. to be covered
d. is covered
11. The Amazon valley is extremely important to the ecology of the earth. Forty percent of the world’s oxygen ________ there.
a. are being produced
b. are produced
c. is produced
d. was produced
12. Madona ________ a single concert next July in Jakarta.
a. will have
b. will be had
c. will be
13. Floritte ________ you a salad in Cafe’ Makassar next Saturday.
a. will be treated
b. will be
c. will treated
d. will treat
14. Reza _______ than her sister.
a. is prettier
b. is more pretty
c. is the most pretty
d. is prettier from
15. Dion ________ play tennis than volley ball.
b. would rather
d. would like
16. Ann has four books and a couple of pens. This sentence means _______.
a. She has more books than pens
b. She has more pens than books
c. She has fewer books than pens
d. She has as many as pens as books
17. Yesterday, Mike and I went to buy two bags. Mike’s bag is _______ as mine.
a. more expensive
d. as expensive
18. Cessa _______ studying grammar to math. Wherever she goes, a grammar book is always in her hand.
a. would rather
c. likes better
d. likes more
19. Yetti _______ watching TV at home to going out with friends.
a. would rather
c. is like
d. is fond of
20. Their teacher plans to give them an exam next week, ________?
a. isn’t he
b. doesn’t he
c. will he
d. don’t they
21. There have been a lot of students in the classroom, ________?
a. haven’t there
b. doesn’t it
c. isn’t there
d. won’t there
22. The climbers got lost in the mountain, ________?
a. don’t they
b. didn’t they
c. did they
d. didn’t he
23. Come to the meeting on time, ________?
a. don’t you
b. won’t you
c. will you
d. can you
24. he said to me, “Let’s go shopping down town, ________?
a. don’t we
b. won’t we
c. will we
d. shall we
25. Ann was very busy yesterday, ________?
a. isn’t she
b. was she
c. wasn’t she
d. didn’t she
26. You don’t need to wait for her too long, ________?
a. need you
b. do you
c. will you
d. won’t you
27. I’m the one who has lost the wallet, _______?
a. do I
b. aren’t I
c. am I
d. didn’t I
A man had a parrot. It was a very beautiful bird and every day the man talked to it.
“Pretty Polly,” he said. “You are a pretty Polly.”
“Pretty Polly,” the parrot said. “You are Pretty Polly.”
Every day the man spoke new words to the parrot “Hallo” he said, and “Goodbye.”
One day the parrot was not in its cage. It was flying about the room. The man came into the room and saw the parrot. “What are you doing?” he said.
“What are you doing?” the parrot said.
The man laughed. Then he went out to visit his friends.
That evening a thief came to the house. He walked round the house and looked into the windows. There was no one at home. The thief broke open the door and entered the house. First he went into the sitting room. In the sitting room he found some bowls and vases. He put them into a sack. Then he went into the bedroom. In the bedroom he found a gold watch and some money. He put these into the sack, too. He stole many things from the house and put them into his sack.
The sack was soon full. The thief put it over his shoulder and walked to the door. He opened the door and looked out. There is no one there.
“What are you doing?” a voice said.
The thief jumped high into the air and dropped his sack. Then he ran out of the house and down the road.
“What are you doing?” the voice said again: “Pretty Polly. Hallo, Goodbye. What are you doing?”
28. To whom did the parrot belong?
a. Pretty Polly
b. A thief
c. A man
d. A beautiful bird
29. What did the parrot do one day?
a. It saw the man’s friends.
b. It refused to talk.
c. It taught the man some words.
d. It flew about the room.
30. What did the parrot do when the man spoke new words to it?
a. It understood the new words.
b. It said “Hallo” and “Goodbye”.
c. It spoke the new words.
d. It flew about the room.
31. Why did the man laugh?
a. He saw the parrot flying.
b. The parrot was not in its cage.
c. A thief came into his house.
d. It could imitate him.
32. Who did the man visit?
a. A thief
b. His friends
c. A funny man
d. No one
33. Who did the thief see at home?
a. The man’s friends
b. The man
c. The owner of the parrot.
d. No one.
34. Why did the thief run out of the house?
a. Because someone saw him
b. Because he made a noise
c. Because the parrot frightened him
d. Because he was under the siege
Hi, friend, here I invite you to my 15th birthday party
Date : Sunday, May 17 2010
Time : 4 p.m
Place : My house, Jl. Martadinata no. 57 Sukabumi
Please, arrive on time! Without you the party will be different.
35. When will the Halima’s party be held?
a. At 4 p.m
b. At jl. Martadinata
c. At her house
d. On may 15
36. In what year was Halima born?
a. 1996 c. 1994
b. 1995 d. 1993
37. Halima hopes that Hasri ________.
a. Sings and dances
b. Wears new dress
c. Attend her party
d. Brings a present
38. The notice means ________.
a. Throw your rubbish here
b. Do not pick up the rubbish
c. Do not throw rubbish here
d. Bring your own rubbish
Choose the best arrangement of the following words to make a correct sentence!
39. Worked – in – father – my – has – fifteen years – for – the museum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
a. 2 – 8 – 3 – 5 – 7 – 6 – 1 – 4
b. 4 – 3 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 8 – 7 – 6
c. 4 – 3 – 2 – 8 – 6 – 7 – 5 – 1
d. 7– 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 1 – 2 – 8
Choose the arrangement of the words to make a correct sentence!
40. Speech – your – winner – English – contest – on – congratulations – the – in
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
a. 7 – 6 – 2 – 3 – 9 – 8 – 4 – 1 – 5
b. 1 – 3 – 8 – 2 – 5 – 4 – 6 – 7 – 9
c. 8 – 3 – 1 – 9 – 2 – 4 – 5 – 7 – 6
d. 2 – 5 – 3 – 1 – 6 – 9 – 4 – 7 – 8